Wednesday, November 8, 2017

November 8th by Bonnie Le Hamilton



Its November, and I should be thinking about my Nano project, and adding to those 25,000+ words I already have written this month on my first every sci-fi, but well, today is November 8th and I can’t help but think about what I was doing 31 years ago today.

All those years ago, I was a rather nervous young woman, who was so jittery she couldn’t even set a zipper in a dress. My mother insisted it was just nerves not my inability to do zippers, but frankly, I’m still positive it was my ineptness. She finally took the dress from me and put the zipper in herself, using Grandma’s old treadle machine.

And thus, started one of the most memorable days of my life.
The day I walked down the aisle and exchanged rings with the most wonderful man ever, and we should be celebrating; instead I’m missing him.

And instead of writing, instead of figuring out the next scene in my story, instead of wondering why I finally have a main character that is an identical twin for change, I’m sitting staring at wedding pictures. We were so young, so in love, and so unready for everything that life would throw at us, but we managed to stay together until cancer took him from me.

Sometimes, it isn’t easy to get over a loss like that.


Maybe one day I’ll write a story about that. Until then, happy writing, everybody!

3 comments:

  1. warm thoughts, Bonnie. At least I've got your link sved now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am there with you. I wonder if the 8th of every month will always be hard for me from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Paul. And Nancy, it only bothers me when its our anniversary.
    Other dates that bother me are the 12th and 14th of August and the 14th of January, all for different reasons, and all related to Tom.

    ReplyDelete