Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Konnie and Resolutions by Bonnie Le Hamilton


 

How are your New Year’s Resolutions going?

I’ve managed to get my new glass-fronted cabinets set up. I also submitted my novel to a publisher, and finally got my new mattress on my bed, as well as put together my basket of flowers, all of which have been needed to be done for a year or more. Well except submitting my novel.

I’ve even lost a little weight.

Don’t know how long that will last, but I am trying.

I am trying to get a lot of things done, too bad I’ve done most of those with help. Unless you count my friend who edited my novel, and everyone who critiqued it, then I had tons more help with my novel than I did with all the other things I accomplished.

Then again, no one was here coaxing me to actually get online and go through the steps needed to submit my manuscript. I did that myself.

And as for everything else, my “help” offered to assist me in whatever I needed to be done. Without her help, strength, and endurance, none of the rest would have been accomplished. And I think I lost most of the weight trying to move that old mattress, even if my “help” did most of the work, I was still sweating when we finished.

The problem is, I’m not ready to write another, every other week is one thing, every week is another, especially when I’m so busy.

And that sounds weird, coming from me!

Konnie is the busy one.

Konnie is the one with the house full of kids and pets and all the work that entails.

I’m the one who lives alone unless you count Patches, then I don’t.

But right now, I am the busy one.

Right now, I’m the one with the job and my volunteer work.

Well, right now Konnie is stuck at home barely able to see out of one eye. Though even if she didn’t have eye problems, she’d still be at home, because right now, she doesn’t have a job, or rather an outside job, because after all, she’s a mother and still has most of her kids living at home, plus a large number of pets.

Me, I have work, the book scanning center, the visitor’s center, and of course my writing, along with Patches and all the regular household chores.

And I sort of wish I had more time for crafts and reading.

Right now, I also wish I remembered that Konnie couldn’t post this morning and that I didn’t forget her call on Monday night until after eight on Tuesday. Just too busy.

So, I’m leaving this post right here.

Konnie is doing better and I'm working hard.

Here's hoping all of you are doing well on your New Year's Resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment