Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Sleep Deprived by Bonnie Le Hamilton

 


Burning the midnight oil takes on a whole new meaning when you’ve had at most 3 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours.

Insomnia takes on a whole new meaning when you can’t manage to close your eyes even when you are tired.

Having a brain that doesn’t stop isn’t helping any.

And I’m not able to get anything done! I can’t run errands; I’m too tired to get behind the wheel. Not risking that again.

The last time I tried to drive tired, I ended up totaling a decent Buick Roadmaster!

Man, I miss that car.

 Anyhow, I no longer drive tired. Not going through that again!

But that’s not the only thing I can’t do tired.

I also can’t balance my checkbook tired. I mean, math is not my best subject; balancing a checkbook is dang hard, at least for me. Tired, I can’t even comprehend the simple math needed.

Konnie doesn’t have my issues with math, so I’m sure fatigue wouldn't keep her from doing her books. Konnie was always better at math.

And the worst part is I’ve known I needed to write a post for a week; every time I opened my computer all week, I ended up dozing off, finally. As in no writing.

Now I’m so tired I can’t keep my eyes open, but something needs to be written.

I’ll just make this extremely short.

Happy writing, everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment