Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Problem with Mindreading by Konnie Enos



I’m beginning to think in all seriousness all men think women can read minds.
On multiple occasions Bonnie complained about Tom making plans for the day and then getting upset with her because she wasn’t ready to go when he was but she hadn’t known they were going anywhere because he never said anything. I honestly thought it was a Tom thing, until yesterday.
Yesterday, pretty much all morning my dear husband was asking when I had to pick up our youngest daughter from her class. I told him, more than once, that her class got out around eleven and I’d pick her up when she texted me.
He told me after I picked her he was going to take off, first he said one thing, then changed his mind and said another, but obviously both things had to wait until after I didn’t need our one car.
Finally I got the message from our daughter. I told him she was done but I was on Facebook and also didn’t have my shoes on. (I was in the house. Why would I have them on?)
My dear husband, standing in the room, fully clothed mind you, asked me if I was just going straight there and back. As I worked on closing tabs I said yes and he shot out of the room without another word.
Then I heard the front door open and close.
Curious I went to check and happened to see him getting into the front seat of the car.
“Okay then. I guess he’s picking up our daughter.”
I went back to our room and texted her the information and continued on Facebook since I didn’t have to leave after all.
Five minutes later he came back in. “I guess you’re not getting her after all.”
The man went and got in the car. He even started it. How on earth was I supposed to know he wasn’t picking her up himself? He never said a word to me.
And with all of that, he wouldn’t go get her even though he was fully dressed and could leave right then. Me, I had to close tabs and get my shoes on plus make sure everything I needed was in my purse. I really needed to go to the bathroom but I opted not to make her wait any longer.
He honestly never said what he was doing when he went out to the car and I knew he got in and started it. What else was I supposed to think?
I didn’t think for a second he was running off on some errand he felt he needed to do. He’d been pestering me all morning about when I had to pick her up and he’d just barely asked me about it before he took off out the door.
Personally, I saw one parent dressed and ready to head out the door without delay, and assumed he knew where she was since he has taken her to class before and I was going to take a few minutes before I could head out. Seemed logical to me that since he wanted the car he’d get the task of getting her home finished as quickly as possible.
But apparently he thought I needed the car started for me.
Men!

Smile. Make the day a brighter day.

No comments:

Post a Comment