Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Time Crunch by Bonnie Le Hamilton



I’m not usually the one scrambling for a last-minute post, but this week has been hectic, at least for me. I know Konnie will say differently. Actually, I should have tried to write something on Monday as soon as my sister-in-law’s appointment got changed from Monday afternoon to this morning, but I drew a complete blank.

And I did try to write something yesterday. I started something, but that was before I got the news that one of our aunts had died. I had thought my day was going badly when I learned there was a school bond vote yesterday. One more thing to add to my already long “To Do” list. And yes, I know Konnie’s is way longer than mine, but you have to realize she doesn’t live alone – I do.

And with the death of our aunt, I have one more thing to add to my “To Do” list, the only thing is that lately whenever something comes up, something else has to go. Right now, I’m looking at the possibility of a funeral to attend on Saturday, and I already had four things listed on my calendar for Saturday, so something is going to have to go, I just hope I won’t have to choose between the funeral and the groundbreaking ceremony for the Pocatello LDS temple. Everything else on my calendar for Saturday isn’t important. I can miss them.

Priorities here. Clearly something as momentous as finally having a temple here in my home town is important, but so is family. At least both are right here in my home town. Konnie on the other hand is in Vegas, too far away to able to make it to the funeral because of distance and lack of money. Her “To Do” list hasn’t changed because of this death. She’s already expressed her condolences.

But see Vegas is a very long drive away from Pocatello where we’re from. Where the majority of our family is. I live where we grew up, and where a great many of our family still live.

When our grandmother on that side died, Konnie couldn’t make it. I lived just outside of town. The only family funerals I’ve missed recently, I missed because I was without transportation. I have a car now, which is why I’m in this spot.

It doesn’t help any that my sister-in-law was supposed to have her appointment on Monday, but she wasn’t feeling well, so it got rescheduled for this morning. Now it’s snowing – hard. So now something else has to be moved around.

I’m not having a good week here and mother nature isn’t helping. I had my regular doctor’s appointment yesterday, and there wasn’t any snow in the valley, now its blizzard conditions. What a difference a day makes.

Anyway, we all know sometimes things come up. Sometimes plans have to be changed, and there are always a few things that can’t be predicted or planned ahead for, and we all have to muddle through trying to adjust, I’m just wishing it wouldn’t happen so many times in the same week, and its only Wednesday!

But it sure gives me some ideas for a story, or two, on how to make things worse for my characters. Ain’t life grand?

To be honest, I rather not have so much happen all at once. Too stressful, but having one thing taken off my calendar for today helps. It just would have been better if that one thing hadn’t been moved from Monday. Now my “To Do” list for tomorrow just got longer, and I’m expecting company for dinner tomorrow.

And life just keeps throwing me curveballs.

Anyway, Happy writing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment