Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Women Unite by Bonnie Le Hamilton

 




I have to get this off my chest.

Men need to stop blaming women because we can’t control our hormones once a month, then still insist we women always control the men’s hormones. Because, somehow, men can’t control themselves.

Have you really thought that through?

You ridicule us for not being able to control our hormones, and then expect us to control your hormones? Who was the brainiac who came up with this nonsense? I’m willing to bet it was a man who didn’t want to take responsibility for his own actions.

I once read something on online about a high school student who got in trouble with her teacher because her clavicle was showing, enticing HIM. As in:

Oh no! She had the audacity to show up in class with her the neck of her blouse open wide enough to show off her clavicle! She must have done it just to entice her TEACHER!

How is this girl's attire at fault for his weird proclivities?

Look, I will admit some women use their femininity to entice men, but let’s get real here. They show off their cleavage (you know that spot between their breasts, which is a bit lower than the clavicle) and find reasons to bend over in front of the guy to give him a view of either their cleavage or butt. They also flirt, bat eyelashes, and get all touchy-feely.

But showing off her clavicle?

That’s like people going barefoot and getting in trouble because they attracted some creep with a foot fetish. No one can predict what will attract someone else, and they shouldn't be held accountable for that's person's reaction.

But that is basically what women are being told every day. He attacked, but it’s your fault.

That’s like me accusing my husband of cheating when some woman came on to him.

And yes, women often made subtle passes at my husband, frequently with me right there, they never realized he was with me until I moved forward and said something. I’d address Tom, but in a way to make it clear he was mine, i.e. I was letting them know he’s off-limits. (By the way, I trusted Tom. He had women make passes at him when I wasn’t there, and he’d go home and tell me all about it, in disbelief that it even happened.)

But I have heard of men who got upset at their women for dressing up, acting like the women did it to attract other men. The only problem is those same men will cheat on and/or divorce their women, who let themselves go.

Let’s make this clear, they hate it when their women dress up but also hate it when they don’t dress up, ever. No woman can win with such a fool. Leave him!

I’m so glad Tom wasn’t one of them. But jerks like this do exist. Try to steer clear of them if you can. I know it isn’t easy. These men can be charming. I get it. I’m lucky. I know I married a decent guy, and I miss him every day.

But all this has got me thinking of ways I can put some of those stories into my novels. There was one where the female professor took care of egotistical idiots from taking over her class. And this is how:

Once they started to try and explain things to her, she’d ask them to wait a second so she could get a pen and paper and take notes. She’d get them, but she wouldn’t take any notes. When the male student questioned that, she replied, “When you tell me something a didn’t know, I’ll write it down.”

Way to go! Bravo! Clapping here.

I really want to write a story where I can use this professor. 0r maybe the one where a lady was giving a talk on her subject of expertise and a man in the audience told her she didn’t know the subject, and that she needed to read the works of – well he said the last name of someone who apparently wrote a book on the subject.

In response, she moved her hair off her nametag and silently let the idiot know what a fool he was. She was the author!

Nice job.

Or the female undergrad who overheard a classmate complaining about her wearing sweats to class every day. She responded, “I’m here to get my degree, not turn you on.”

I must use that sometime, in fact, every female author should use some of this clap back in their novels.

Let’s change the tide one book at a time!

Happy writing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment