Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Second Civil War by Bonnie Le Hamilton



When did California withdraw from the United States? When did our second civil war start? When did it end? How many other states are no longer part of the United States?

This is what I get for not watching the news anymore!

I clearly missed something important, because I’ve just learned that California allows rioting, but doesn’t allow going to church and singing hymns. They can’t even hold religious gatherings in their home!

So clearly, California, at least, is no longer part of The United States, because the First Amendment gives us the right to worship when and where we please, and while it does give us a right to protest wrongs, it also says we only have a right to PEACEFULLY assemble.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, and I sincerely believe I’m right, but rioting, killing, looting, and setting fires is not peaceful, but sitting in a church praying and singing praises to the Lord is. And, of course, the First Amendment says we can do the latter. It does not say we can riot. Quite the opposite I’d say.

And how can gathering and singing praises to the LORD, in small numbers, keeping social distances, and wearing masks be more dangerous than the hordes gathering, looting, killing, and burning down the town?

Yes, I know all about COVID-19. I’m home quite a bit these days because of it. But how can banning people from actually following the rules of social distancing and wearing masks be worse than a crowd breaking the law!

What is it? Do all these rioters have some sort of natural immunity against COVID-19 while us poor God-fearing churchgoers are extremely suspectable to it? That just doesn’t sound possible.

How can a virus detect the difference between a churchgoer and a rioter? They are all human. Deep down, they all have what a virus needs to live and thrive. How can a mere virus tell the difference?

And California isn’t the only state allowing riots. For some strange reason these governors and mayors seem to think that looting, killing, and setting fires is their First Amendment right to protest.

In what country? Certainly not the country I live in!

I do know there is a problem in this country that needs to be fixed.

A black Marine jogging through a neighborhood gets beat to death by bigoted vigilantes, claiming he was a thief. He wasn’t. So yeah, that is a big problem. Huge even.

I mean, if I saw a man jogging through my neighborhood, even if he was black, I would not assume he was a thief. Now if I saw anybody running for his life carrying something, then I would assume he was a thief, even if he was white.

I have never in my life judged a person by the color of his skin. I always try to get to know people as individuals, because we are all children of GOD.

Red, Yellow, Black and White, they are precious in His sight.

Maybe I got the words wrong, it's been decades since I sang that song, but it is true.

I feel for the Marine killed by bigoted vigilantes, but I also feel for all the people mobbed, beaten to death, or shot by the rioters. These are my brothers and sisters! They deserve better.

And what is this about Black Lives Matter? They say it like theirs are the only lives that matter, yet I’ve seen on Facebook where some of their VICTIMS are Black! The rioters don’t care about Black people.

You want to help someone of color?

Give him a job. Help him to feed and clothe his family. Help him start a business of his own. Don’t burn down his business!

And another thing, this BLM group talks as if ALL white people are prejudice.

Okay, here we go again!

As I’ve said before, that’s a prejudicial statement in and of itself. Because let’s face it; prejudice is making blanket statements about any group.

What we need in this country is for Disney to resurrect their one-time TV cartoon based on Ariel the Little Mermaid. One episode in particular.

I really like that one. The one where she sang, “Harmony.” Great song.

And boy does this country need it right now.

At least those of us that are left in the United States.

By the way, my state got it right. ANTIFA wanted to demonstrate in Boise. Gun owners peacefully assembled in the area to ensure the safety of all. Gun owners outnumbered ANTIFA four to one, so there was no rioting. Way to go IDAHO!

Clearly, my home state is still part of the United States and still supports the First Amendment. So maybe I shouldn’t be worried. I’m safe here.

Happy writing everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment